To ensure continuity of PTA activities, advocacy and programming for our students, it is necessary to seek nominations for the EHS PTA Executive Board for the upcoming school year. The following positions are open for 2022-2023:
- Co-Presidents (2) or 1 President and 1 President-Elect
- Vice-President for Programming
- Assistant Treasurer
We hope that you will strongly consider seeking nomination for one of the open positions on the Executive Board. The nomination form and position descriptions are attached below.
The workload and time commitment for EHS PTA is significantly less than in the elementary schools. At the HS level, many things are student-run and student-led with the support of club advisors.
- We host 5-6 meetings per year, on topics that are of interest to the EHS community.
- We issue grants to teachers and staff, who wish to bring in something new or different to their curriculum or club.
- We organize staff appreciation events during the school year.
- We share community information with our membership and collaborate with other PTAs and PTA Council.
- We supply the EHS Guidance department with names of families who have been members for all four years at EHS, to select candidates for eligibility for PTA scholarships.
All of these things are accomplished as a result of the success of our single fundraiser, the EHS Fashion Show held in November. Please check out our website for more information: https://ehspta.com/
The nomination form should be completed and submitted to Tina Fernandez at email@example.com no later than May 20, 2022. Please reach out if you do not receive a confirmation that your nomination form has been received.
If you have any questions about the positions or the nomination process, please contact Tina Fernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org
The EHS PTA will hold its final PTA Meeting on Monday, June 6th to consider the nominations and elect an executive board for the 2022-2023 school year. We look forward to filling vacant seats so we can continue to support our school community!
Tina Fernandez and Toni Recine
EHS PTA Co-Presidents
EHS PTA Executive Board Positions
- Co-Presidents: PTA Co-Presidents train, counsel and provide information to parents and teachers within the school district according to PTA bylaws and oversee the activities of the executive board officers.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer is an elected officer and the authorized custodian of all funds of the local PTA. The treasurer’s duties include keeping records, paying invoices/expenses and preparing reports to comply with local, state and federal laws.
- Assistant Treasurer: Learn the role of the treasurer while managing the receipts and making bank deposits for the school year.
- Recording Secretary: The Secretary has the responsibility of maintaining all PTA correspondence, including communications with members and notifications for meetings. Because of this, sometimes this position is split into two roles: Recording Secretary and Corresponding/Assistant Secretary.
- Membership: Manages & oversees membership platform (AtoZConnect), establishes membership goals and designs membership outreach promotion.
- Data Communications: Manages & oversees all aspects of our online directories & school store, (AtoZConnect) creates and sends out all Communication to the community and social media platforms.
- Programming: Manages & plans all guest speakers for PTA meetings and organizes topics/questions that the school community wants to address.